Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Hobby

So for awhile now I have wanted to be an artist. I don't know why but I just want to be able to draw and paint etc.. Somehow Jim picked up on this and the other day he said we needed to stop by the craft store. He bought me some beginning watercolor painting stuff and beginning drawing stuff. I didn't even know that he knew I wanted to do art. I love that he listens to me and figured out one of my dreams! So anyway here are some of the first pieces....

This was done in watercolor and is one of my favorites^


Also done in Watercolor^


Done in colored pencil^


Done with regular drawing pencils^

I still have a long way to go before I can really consider myself an artist. I am proud of myself though for trying something that I've never done before. It's something I wanted to do for a long time but never felt like I'd be good at. I guess practice makes improvement though and I'm having a lot of fun trying it out.

1 comment:

  1. I actually love the second one with the blue bird! I've always wanted to do some kind of art like that, or take a cool photo, and hang it in my house... but it'd have to be REALLY good cause I'm so super critical of myself. Great job Julie I can't believe you have no experience, these are seriously great!

    ReplyDelete