Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

I love Valentine's day! I didn't always like Valentine's day...I think it's one of those holidays that is definitely better if you have someone to share it with. This was Jim and my 3rd Valentine's day as a couple. The first year we had only been dating about a month. He went all out though...I woke up to roses, see's chocolates, a poem he wrote for me, flower petals spread on the table, and I think a balloon. I loved it! This year he bought me a huge stuffed animal. It's really cute. I think it's a duckling but we think it looks like a baby eagle. He also bought me two sets of roses. He bought a dozen beautiful red roses (my favorite) and then later added a dozen white roses. (Yes he is the perfect husband.) The flowers were accompanied by a card, some chocolate, and breakfast.

We made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast together. They turned out really well and we strawberries and whipped cream on them (YUM!) My cute husband also noticed that if he cut the strawberries a certain way that they looked like little hearts. He is so sweet.



I love celebrating Valentine's day because it reminds me of how lucky I am to have a husband that I am deeply in love with and who I get to be sealed to for time and all eternity.

Jim and I later that day at a luncheon for our friend Christa's wedding

1 comment:

  1. Awe. i heart u guys! i remember all those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete