Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25 Weeks

Here are some belly pics taken today at 25 weeks along.


On another note, I took the glucose test today to screen for gestational diabetes. I had heard lots of horror stories about the glucose solution so I was a little nervous but it actually wasn't bad at all. It tasted just like Sprite soda so it was easy to drink. Then I waited for an hour and read baby magazines. After an hour they drew my blood to check the glucose levels. The girl had a little trouble finding the vein and after poking one arm and checking the other, she called another girl over to try. The second girl was able to find the vein and got the blood right away. I'm hoping to pass this test so I won't have to take the 4 hour one which sounds like no fun at all.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck with the GTT. I was barely over where they want you to be, so I ended up taking the longer test. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is never nice to make a pregnant woman fast for that long.

    ReplyDelete