Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Perfect Day!

My husband is amazing! I don't how I got so lucky to have him but I am sure grateful that he is in my life. Sunday was our 1st anniversary so we decided that we would celebrate on Saturday. I woke up Saturday morning and Jim had made me a delicious breakfast of french toast and fruit. After breakfast he gave me a photo book he had made for me of pictures of us when we were dating and since we've been married. I loved it. Jim also gave me little "tickets" for different places to go and said we would have a busy day ahead of us..

The first place that we went was the Bountiful Temple where we were married. We walked around and it was fun to remember our wedding day.



The next place we went was miniature golfing. We went to a course called Hollywood Connections. It was really fun. Jim even shot a hole in one!



Next we went and flew kites at a park in Orem. Flying kites was something we did when we were dating. We did successfully get one kite up for a while but the other one didn't work so well. I guess we needed a little more wind.



After flying kites we went to the Provo Temple where we got engaged. We sat on "our" bench where he popped the question and just enjoyed the memories and excitement we felt when we first got engaged.



Finally we ended our day by having dinner at our special restaurant. The Great China is a little restaurant in Orem that we went to on our first valentine's day. We have since gone there for subsequent valentine's days and birthdays. We love it because it is never crowded, it has great food (my favorite is the chicken with snow peas mmm....) and it has great service.



Pretty much we had the perfect day together. I was so impressed that Jim was able to spend the whole day with me and that he didn't have to do homework. He was so sweet to plan the whole day and take me to all the places that have special meaning to us.

We celebrated our actual anniversary yesterday but eating cheesecake (Jim's all time favorite dessert) and watching our wedding video.
It's only been a year since we were married but so much has changed already. It was fun to look back and see that now we are expecting a baby girl and many of the friends and family that were at our reception have since gotten married or had babies. We look forward to many more years of being happily married together.

No comments:

Post a Comment