Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a Girl!!!

Today was the day of the big ultrasound. The appointment was at 2:20 which made it a long day of waiting. Then we had to wait in the doctor's office for an hour before going in. Jim and my sister Cindy came. Seeing our baby was a neat experience, we saw it from the top of the head down to the little feet. The doctor measured and pointed out lots of major body parts and organs. We saw different parts of the brain, the four chambers of the heart, the stomach, the bladder, and the little thigh bone. She was dancing around during the ultrasound, making the doctor earn his pay. The doctor said that everything looks good. He ruled out some major birth defects, so we know our baby won't have spina bifida, cleft lip, or holes in the heart. We were very excited to hear that the baby is healthy. She still only weighs one pound, so we will keep her in the oven for a bit longer. The last thing that the doctor showed us was the gender. Jim could tell that it was a girl as soon as the doctor panned in, it left no doubt. We were a little surprised, as we both thought it would be a boy, but we are very excited. We're still unsure on the name. If you have any brilliant ideas, let us know. For now, we will call her Yosie (Short for Yosemite Park) or Brooklyn "The Bronx" Park. Yosie is my dad's name for the baby. She already likes the Yankees, daddy's little girl. Jim can't wait to buy her a little Yankees outfit, she would look so cute in pin stripes. I think that's a great idea as long as it's pink. I don't want to have any confusion, people thinking she is a boy when she is little. I plan on dressing her in lots of pink with cute flower bows on her head so that doesn't happen. We are so excited to meet our baby girl! She should come 07-08-09.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool Julie!! Perfect birthday, perfect girly-girl, perfect everything... I plan on doing the exact same thing, dressing them up as girly as possible! (Someday when/if I have a girl haha) I hope you don't mind I've been blog stalking you for a while now under the radar, you should check ours out though AND if you need a cute photographer I have a link to her blog on my page... I think you will die! haha love you!

    ReplyDelete